Online registration for the 2020 Islandsbanki Reykjavik Marathon opens on Friday, January 10th 2020 and will be open until 13:00, Thursday August 20th.
You can choose from the following distances to run depending on your experience and age:
- 42,2 km marathon - For 19 years and older
- 21,1 km half marathon - For 15 years and older
- 10 km timed race - Not recommended for children under the age of 12
- Fun Run - 3 km - All age groups
- Fun Run - 600 m - All age groups
Online registration will be open until 13 o'clock on the last Thursday before the race. It will also be possible to register at the EXPO in Laugardalshöll.
Entry fees are in Icelandic Krona (ISK) and are as follows:
Note that all prices are in Icelandic Krona (ISK). Reykjavik Marathon registration fees cannot be refunded or deferred to other events or years.
Children's and teenager's fee
Children's and teenager's fee in the fun run, 10 km race and half marathon is meant for children and teenagers 19 years old and younger, that is born in the year 2001 or later.
Children's and teenager's discount
It is possible to get a discount for children/teenagers if one or more adults register for any distance with two or more children/teenagers taking part in the Fun Run.
- Adults and one child/teenager pay full price but other children/teenagers get a 700 ISK discount.
- Children are defined as 19 years of age and younger, that is born in the year 2001 and later.
- The children's and teenager's discount is given if an adult registers simultaneously himself for any distance available and two or more children for the Fun Run.
Included in the entry fee
The following is included in the registration fee:
- Rented chip for timing that has to be delivered to the race staff after the race
- Bib number
- Medal for the finishers
- Powerade drinks
- One free admittance to the geothermal baths and pools in Reykjavik on race day or the day after the race
T-shirts for sale
Because of environmental considerations, t-shirts are not included in the entry fee. It will be possible to buy a finisher t-shirt at the EXPO where the rule is first come, first get.
Online registration requires credit card payment. VISA, MasterCard and American Express credit cards are accepted. Note that you will receive a receipt when registration is finished if you receive no receipt the payment and registration have not gone through. Please contact us through [email protected] if you are having any problems regarding payment and registration.
Reykjavik Marathon entry fees cannot be refunded or deferred to next year.
Please bring your receipt with you when you pick up your race package at the EXPO on the day before the race, it will speed up the reception. You will receive the receipt by e-mail when you have finished your registration. It is also possible to find the receipt on "your page".
Your page is the runner's page where it is possible to view your registration, change personal information, register for a team competition and change distance. It is also possible to print out a receipt and a finisher certificate on your page. Further information can be found here.
Change a distance
You can change your distance online at “your page – the runner's page” until 13 o'clock on last Thursday before the race when online registration ends. It is also possible to change the distance at the EXPO in Laugardalshöll. No change fee is collected but if the entry fee for the new distance is higher you will have to pay the difference. Distance can not be changed after the race has started.
In the registration system, you can register a few runners at a time. It is though not recommended to register more than five in one registration. Companies that want to register 10 or more participants can get help through the e-mail [email protected].